The purpose of this form is for board members to rate the existing and optimal levels of board involvement for each strategic business activity on a scale of one to five. (One represents areas that are chiefly management’s responsibility, and five represents areas that are exclusively the board’s responsibility.) This exercise may surface gaps between where the board needs to be focused and where it is actually spending its time and resources.
- 1 – No Board Involvement
- 2 – Low Board Involvement
- 3 – Moderate Board Involvement
- 4 – High Board Involvement
- 5 – Exclusive Board Involvement
- ? – Not Applicable/Don’t Know