Say “so long” to 2020 and start 2021 strong. Group registration for the 2021 Blue & You Fitness Challenge (BYFC) – the longest running, free group fitness challenge in Arkansas – is open!
Teams or groups can register … now. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the company/team/group name and contact information. You can also register here. The deadline for groups to register is January 24.
What is the BYFC?
The Blue & You Fitness Challenge is a program, which began 18 years ago, and is funded and hosted by Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, the Arkansas Department of Health & the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
This free three-month fitness competition engages participants in exercise to gain points based on their activities. The Challenge begins March 1 and runs through May 31 every year. Businesses and organizations participate in the event as part of their wellness programs. Friends and family use the contest as a way to organize and focus activities to stay or get in shape, infuse new energy into their routines, remain connected and have fun.
A New and Better BYFC
The 2021 Fitness Challenge is undergoing a complete makeover that will launch in the coming weeks.
Participants can expect a new and improved experience powered by Wellable’s interactive health and wellness platform to more easily track activity and measure standings.
The new platform will include:
- A new point tracking system
- Ability to sync with wearables (e.g., Apple Health, Garmin, Fitbit)
- New group size categories
- Automated support from Wellable (the platform host) in terms of reminders, troubleshooting and team maintenance
- A mobile app (for Apple and Android)
- Ability to earn additional points for engaging in healthy behaviors like drinking eight glasses of water, sleeping seven hours, meditating, etc.
- Ability to view team standings in real time
- Some online surprises in support of social distancing The Fitness Challenge also is getting a whole new brand look and website.
Important 2021 Challenge Deadlines
January 14 – Deadline for group registration
February 1 – Individual participant registration opens
February 28 – Deadline for individual registration in groups
March 1 – Challenge begins