Healthy wellness is a smorgasbord of lifestyle choices that influences both our physical and mental health.
We obviously need to make healthy food choices and participating in physical activity, we must also tune in to our mental wellness. It’s important to create time in your life for your daily or even weekly “me time” rituals.
Examples of “me time” rituals:
- Take a hot bath with Epsom salts or your favorite bath bombs
- Sit on your patio and read a book while sipping a favorite beverage
- Treat yourself. Dress up for coffee, tea, or desserts! For example, brew your favorite coffee and pretend you are sitting in a coffee shop far away. Add your favorite toppings – whipped cream, caramel syrup, cinnamon powder, or nutmeg
- Cheer for favorite sports team
- Mow the lawn. Surprised? Mowing the lawn can still be considered “me time” because you are escaping from everything. You can be alone with your thoughts and relax while also making your yard look pretty
“Me Time” means something different to everyone.
You don’t have to be in a bathtub with a face mask and cucumbers on your eyes to have “me time”. Sure, some people might prefer that way of relaxing, but it doesn’t have to be the only way. It could be just five minutes of listening to your favorite podcast, or an hour watching sports.
The daily hustle of life can be overwhelming with many responsibilities and tasks to complete. These can easily consume all your time, ultimately affecting your mental health in a negative way. That’s why it’s essential time for you.
Remember, self-care isn’t selfish.
Recharge your own special so way so that you can be mentally strong enough conquer life’s stressors.